Can you wear ankle boots to a funeral? You can absolutely wear a pair of ankle boots to a funeral.
Shoes are a necessity. But it can also be more than that. Christian Dior says, “You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.”
So you need to understand the importance of shoes. It doesn’t only keep your feet clean and warm in winter. It also boosts your confidence. This is why 60% of women tend to endure the pain caused by shoes for the purpose of fashion.
You don’t have to tolerate pain at a funeral. But you have to tone down the need for being fashionable, as it’s a grave event.
Kinds of Ankle Boots to Wear to a Funeral
There are a lot of different styles of ankle boots available for women to choose from. You might need to wear them in cold weather to a funeral. Let’s explore some ankle boots that you can wear to a funeral:
- Round Toe Boots: These boots are fashionable yet sober enough for a funeral. You can wear black or dark-colored round-toe boots to a funeral. Just make sure that there are no attention-grabbing buckles on the side.
- Vintage Buckle Boots: If you can get a pair of ankle boots with a vintage buckle on the side that isn’t too extravagant, you can wear them to a funeral.
- Elevator Boots: You can wear elevator boots with leggings to a funeral. Just make sure that it is in a dark color.
- Tassel Boots: Some ankle boots have tassels hanging on them for a touch of fashion. You can wear these boots to a funeral in a dark color.
- Fold-Over Boots: You can get a pair of ankle boots that have a fold on the ankle like a collar. These boots look great in black, which you can wear both at a funeral and for other events.
- Lace Boots: Lace can be worn at a funeral. S you can wear lace ankle boots to one as well.
- Leather and Suede Flat Boots: You can wear leather or suede flat boots to a funeral because they will look formal.
- Side-Tie Suede Boots: These boots will look classic yet formal enough for attending a funeral.
- Peep-Toe Boots: If it’s not too cold and you need your feet to breathe a little, you can wear a pair of peep-toe boots.
What to Wear with Ankle Boots to a Funeral?
You can wear a number of different styles of clothes with a pair of ankle boots. These boots are versatile, and you don’t even need to think much about what to wear with them. Still, I’ll go ahead and suggest you some outfits:
- Knee-Lengthed Dresses: You can wear knee-length dresses with ankle boots to a funeral. Just make sure that you wear a dark-colored dress.
- Maxi Dresses: If you want to wear a maxi dress with your ankle boots to a funeral, you absolutely can.
- Cocktail Dresses: A cocktail dress in black or dark color is appropriate for a funeral. Plus, these kinds of dresses go well with ankle boots.
- Floor-Length Dress: You can wear a floor-length dress to a funeral if you want to. And you can pair that with ankle boots.
- Jumpsuits: Wearing jumpsuits to a funeral can be really comfortable. And jumpsuits go well with a pair of ankle boots.
- Formal Trousers: If you want to wear pants, you can wear a pair of formal trousers that don’t have any attention-grabbing patterns or designs on them.
- Skirts: You can also wear a skirt to a funeral in black or dark color. A skirt will look great with a pair of ankle boots.
Can You Wear Ankle Boots with Jeans to a Funeral?
You should generally avoid jeans for attending a funeral. So you should not wear jeans with ankle boots to a funeral, even though this combo looks good.
However, if the funeral is held outdoors or you have a pair of dark-washed jeans, you could consider wearing them with a pair of ankle boots to a funeral.
Can You Wear High-Heeled Ankle Boots to a Funeral?
You could wear ankle boots with heels to a funeral if you can carry them well and if it doesn’t offend the family of the deceased.
However, you should avoid wearing high heels, as they could make you uncomfortable and make your feet hurt throughout the funeral service.
Wearing ankle boots to a funeral is possible as long as they look formal enough for the funeral with no attention-grabbing pattern or designs.
You just need to make sure that you wear your ankle boot in the color black or in a really dark color.