Can you wear leather boots to a funeral? Usually, boots are not meant to be worn at formal events, such as a funeral. As they are casual wear, they are inappropriate for funerals. But you can wear formal-looking leather boots to a funeral.
The Greenlawn mortuary claims, “What you wear is less important than being there.” And it’s true, but you need to maintain a certain dress code to show respect to the family of the deceased.
I once saw a person getting berated because they didn’t wear formal attire to a funeral. It was pretty hurtful for the family of the deceased.
So even though you can wear a formal-looking pair of leather boots to a funeral, make sure that the family does not get disrespected by choice of your footwear.
A funeral is a formal event. And at a formal event, people are required to wear dark clothes. Moreover, funerals require people to wear full black or really dark-colored clothes to pay their respects to the deceased.
Take a look at the different colors of leather boots you can wear to a funeral:
- Black: You can always go with black leather boots without a doubt in mind that it will cause you any trouble. Black boots look formal enough for a funeral. And it does not make the family of the deceased feel disrespected.
- Dark Brown: If you can’t wear black leather boots, you can wear really dark brown leather boots instead. It is a neutral color that is okay for a formal event. Plus, some dark brown shades are really close to the color black.
- Dark Navy Blue: You can also wear dark navy blue leather boots to a funeral. In the dark, this kind of shade almost looks black. As long as you don’t wear anything too attention-grabbing, you are good to go.
- Dark Green: If you can avoid green for funerals, it is better. But it is still okay to wear a pair of really dark shades of green leather boots to a funeral if you can’t help it.
There are some basic guidelines that you need to follow to make sure you don’t end up disrespecting the deceased or the family of the deceased. So let’s take a look at the dos and don’ts of wearing leather boots to a funeral.
- Wear dark color leather boots or boots in black.
- Try to make sure the color of your boots remains neutral.
- Pair your leather boots with black or dark-colored clothes.
- Wear socks if you are wearing ankle leather boots.
- Try to wear simple one-colored leather boots with no patterns.
- Don’t wear bright-colored leather boots like red, purple, or yellow.
- Avoid wearing fancy leather boots that have too much going on.
- If you can’t handle heels for a long time, don’t wear heeled leather boots.
If you need to buy a new pair of leather boots, you might get confused about which one you should get, especially if it is for a funeral.
Don’t worry! This list of some amazing leather boots will help you choose the best one for yourself that you can wear to a funeral and other formal events.
- Coutgo Platform Lug Sole Ankle Boots: This is a pair of Chelsea-styled leather boots that you are bound to love. The best part is that they will work great for attending a formal event like a funeral.
- Sam Edelman Penny Classic Equestrian Boot: If you want a pair of tall leather boots, you can grab this one from online stores now. It is simple and classic with a zipper on the side.
- Soda Women’s Malia Combat Boot: These leather boots are combat boots that look rugged yet give off a formal feel. If you can get away with wearing leather boots with shoe laces to a funeral, you can get this pair.
- Dr. Martens 1460 W Boot: These classic combat boots give extra traction because of their sturdy leather. And they look good at a funeral as long as the laces don’t cause any kind of issue.
- UGG Neumel Chukka Boot: When it comes to chukka boots, not all leather boots can deliver. But these chukka boots are stylish, comfortable, and can keep you warm as they hug your feet.
- Sorel Evie Pull-On Rain Boot: The best thing about these boots are that they are completely waterproof. So you can always wear them on a rainy funeral without worrying that you are ruining the boots.
- Journee Hydra Leather Bootie: Even though these leather boots have a bit of a heel on them, they look classic and formal enough to wear to a funeral.
Leather boots can be worn at a funeral as long as you maintain a strict dress code. You can’t wear bright-colored footwear to a funeral. So you have to choose a neutral tone for your footwear.
As long as your leather boots look formal enough for the funeral that you are attending, you should not have to worry about a thing.