I love rain boots because they are great for keeping your feet completely dry. And the best part about these boots is that they don’t even get damaged easily, as they are weatherproof.
However, when you want to wear the same boots in the snow, you need to consider a few things.
Snow is indeed just water that’s been frozen, so rain boots can easily keep your feet dry from the snow. But the problem is, can rain boots keep your feet warm in the snow?
So considering everything, can you wear rain boots in snow?
Yes, you could wear rain boots in the snow if the temperature isn’t too low. If the temperature is 5 degrees Celsius or 41 degrees Fahrenheit or more, you should be able to wear rain boots comfortably.
Read More: Can You Wear Rain Boots in the Winter
What Are Snow Boots Used for?
People think rain boots are only for the rainy season. That you can only wear them if it’s raining but that’s not true.
You can wear rain boots even in the snow, as it’s still a form of water and keeps your feet dry.
So you might not always need to buy a new pair of snow boots unless it’s below 5 degrees Celsius.
And even if you can’t bear the cold, you don’t need to give up on rain boots that easily. This is because you can use boot inserts in your rain boots to keep your feet warm.
Are Rain Boots Good Enough in the Snow?
You can wear rain boots in the snow if you don’t want to buy another pair of snow boots in the winter.
However, you need to consider a couple of things first:
- The most important thing that you need to consider about wearing rain boots in the snow is the temperature. If the temperature is too low, like 1-5 degree Celsius or even lower than that, there is no way that you can wear rain boots. In this case, snow boots are your only option. But if the temperature is above 5 degrees Celcius, you can just use boot inserts in your rain boots, and you’re good to go.
- You need to know how much snow you need to be walking on. If the snow is too deep, your feet will get colder by the minute. In that case, you would need snow boots, as rain boots won’t help. If the snow isn’t that deep, go ahead and wear your rain boots.
- Another thing that you need to consider is how long you are going to be walking in the snow. If you need to walk for too long in the snow, it’s better to be prepared with snow boots instead of rain boots. Otherwise, you can wear rain boots.
So if you keep these things in your consideration, you can decide on your own whether you should wear rain boots or not in the snow.
How Rain Boots Can Keep Your Feet Warm in the Snow
As I’ve already mentioned, you can wear boot inserts if it’s way too cold just to wear your rain boots in the snow.
These boot inserts are really warm, soft, and very well-insulated. So if you use them, you won’t even need to think of buying snow boots.
However, this is only applicable if the temperature is above 5 degrees Celsius. If the temperature is below that, you may need a little bit more than one pair of boot inserts.
In this case, you might need to use a couple of boot inserts together to keep your feet warm and cozy.
You need to remember that rain boots are not made for the extreme cold. So even though you can wear them in the snow, you might need to consider the temperature first.
So if the temperature is way too low, you might need to rethink not buying snow boots completely.
And you also might need to think about a little more than just the temperature. You need to consider how much snow you need to walk on and how long you might need to walk for as well.
Rain Boots You Can Wear in the Snow
There are many rain boots that you can easily wear in the snow if it isn’t extremely cold. I personally like the brand Nordstrom, where you can find many great rain boots that you can use in the snow. Let me suggest to you the good ones.
- Bogs Arcata Insulate Waterproof Boots: You can easily wear these rain boots in the snow, as they will not only keep your feet dry from the snow but also keep your feet warm with their insulation.
- Spyder Camden Faux Fur Trim Waterproof Insulated Boot: If you want to wear rain boots that will keep your feet warm enough in the snow, you can wear these rain boots.
- UGG Droplet Waterproof Rain Boot: You can wear these boots to keep your feet warm and dry in the snow.
- Jeffrey Campbell Cloudy Waterproof Chelsea Rain Boot: These rain boots are both classy and comfortable at the same time. You should definitely consider these for both rain and snow.
- Jeffrey Campbell Rainpour Waterproof Rain Boot: This pair of rain boots are really good at keeping your feet dry in the rain. But they work well with boot inserts in the snow as well.
- Hunter Original Tall’Rain Boot: You can consider buying these rain boots as they are great for the rainy season. But you can also wear these rain boots in the snow if you use boot inserts.
Can you wear rain boots in the snow? Yes, you can wear your rain boots even in the snow as long as the temperature isn’t too low.
If you don’t have to walk for long in deep snow, you can just use boot inserts with your rain boots to walk in the snow. Just make sure that the temperature isn’t below 5 degrees celsius when you decide to wear your rain boots in the snow.