I once got caught in one heck of a rainstorm right before I had to go to work. But I did not want to ruin my shoes in the rain.
So I decided to wear a pair of rain boots that went with my office attire, and no one questioned it. This took me by surprise because I didn’t think I could get away with it.
But then I realized that I was able to do it because I went with the right style of rain boots that even matched my outfit.
So can you wear rain boots to work?
Absolutely you can! If you avoid wearing any bright colors or styles of rain boots that don’t go with your office attire, you can wear your rain boots to work.
Read More: Can You Wear Rain Boots on a sunny day
Are Rain Boots Suitable for Work?
Usually, it is not appropriate for anyone to wear rain boots at work, as it isn’t the correct setting for these kinds of boots.
However, it really depends on the type of environment your office creates for you. Not all office environment is completely strict about the dress code of their employees.
Some office requires their employees to wear completely formal outfits, some require uniforms, and some don’t even need their employees to care about a dress code.
So it is completely up to you and your office environment whether you have the ability to wear rain boots for work or not.
If your office requires you to wear strictly formal outfits or even uniforms, you might need to weigh all your options before wearing rain boots there.
But if you need to wear rain boots before leaving for work, make sure you also take the proper shoes with you so that you can change them when you arrive at the office.
On the other hand, if your office environment is lax enough and you want to or need to wear rain boots, there is nothing that should be able to stop you.
So you can wear rain boots to work if you want to, but you will need to take these things into consideration.
Rain Boots You Can Wear to Work
Now that you know that you do have the option to consider wearing rain boots to work, you might wonder what kind of rain boots will go with the office environment.
I’ll share with you a list of some great rain boots you should consider buying no matter where you wear them as examples of the style of rain boots you should wear to work.
- Hunter Original Tall’Rain Boot: This pair of rain boots will go with all kinds of outfits and dress codes. You can easily pair these rain boots with a blouse and a pen skirt without looking inappropriate at your workplace.
- Asgard Ankle Waterproof Chelsea Rain Boots: These are some really cool-looking ankle rain boots that you can wear to your work. Just make sure that these rain boots match the rest of your outfit in color.
- Madewell The Zip-Up Lugsole Rain Boot: I love boots with zippers on them! Don’t you? You can wear your office attire with these rain boots without a doubt.
- Jeffrey Campbell Hurricane Waterproof Boot: If you want some height on your rain boots, you should really consider this pair from Jeffrey Campbell, which is a very classify-looking pair of rain boots.
- Burberry Zane Vintage Check Harness Rain Boots: You get a check print and a harness right on your rain boots with this pair. What’s not to like? If your workplace allows you some leniency with your outfit, you should definitely try out these unique pair of rain boots.
- Zara Flat Rubberized Knee High Boots: This is a classic pair of knee-high rain boots that you can surely wear at your workplace.
- Aldo Chelsea Rain Boot: Chelsea boots go with everything and almost in every setting. So you can efficiently style these Chelsea rain boots for your office.
- Gucci Trip Horsebit Rain Boot: How can you say no to Gucci? These classic-looking pair of rain boots even have a bit of heel on them, which you are sure to love.
Yes, you can wear rain boots without rain because Rain boots are not only meant to be worn in the rain, as you can wear them to protect yourself from puddles, mud, or even wet grass.
And if you like the look of rain boots just as they are, then you should be able to wear them anytime and anywhere you like.
Imagine you got a really sleek and classy-looking pair of rain boots that doesn’t scream party all the time.
There is not much stopping you from wearing that pair of rain boots anywhere you like, your office included.
So, basically, it completely depends on the style of rain boots if you can wear them in any kind of environment or not.
So can you wear rain boots to work? You can actually wear rain boots to work as long as your office environment doesn’t have a very strict dress code. You don’t need to wear rain boots just in the rain, as you can wear them the rest of the year just because you want to.