I used to wear work boots for a job that required spending all day at a worksite. Later on, I left the job, but not the boots.
Even though I didn’t need work boots in the conventional sense anymore, I love wearing them for both comfort and style in casual settings.
Am I the only one?
I don’t think so! If you know what you want and what you need, like wearing work boots casually, you don’t always have to follow the trend.
You might be in the same situation, asking, can I wear work boots casually?
There’s no rule saying you can’t! If you can find a pair of comfortable yet fashionable work boots, which honestly isn’t that hard, you can wear them out in casual settings. But you have to know how to pair them well with the rest of your outfit if you want to look good.
When to Wear Work Boots Casually?
You can’t wear work boots if you don’t need to protect your feet from workplace injuries. Work boots are just for the worksite!
Or are they?
This is a common belief that is obliterating slowly but surely with the production of more and more fashionable and comfortable work boots.
You won’t see many people rocking work boots in casual settings right off the bat. But if you look close enough, you will see a lot of people actually doing this.
Are all work boots safe?
No! Not all work boots are going to be appropriate enough for casual wear. Most of them aren’t even comfortable enough to work!
It’s up to you to find out the good ones among the seas of uncomfortable and unfashionable work boots out there.
I’ll tell you how! To find comfortable work boots, you need to focus on the arch support they give you.
Your feet have a natural arch that needs to be framed correctly for you to feel comfortable. If your work boots can’t provide that, your feet will get tired within a few hours.
And when that happens, your legs will start to hurt too! Eventually, the pain will travel to your knees and back, causing you to be in an intense amount of pain.
Now you wouldn’t want that, would you?
So if you wear them casually all day long, you are bound to end up in a lot of pain, which isn’t going to be comfortable, to say the least.
And about the fashion element of wearing work boots:
In a casual setting, you must want to look and feel good about your outfit, including your footwear.
You are working on a construction site all day, and the only thing that gives you comfort is the thought of going on that date right after work.
And you don’t have the time to change your work boots and fit into something more casual. What do you do?
I’ll give you a hint. It’s got to do with buying the right boots.
Yes, you choose the most comfortable pair of work boots that lasts you through the workday and looks stylish enough to go on your date!
This doesn’t need to be the only scenario where you can wear these boots in a casual setting. Wear them if you simply want to look good while working!
Most importantly, pick out a pair of work boots that goes with your outfit to make the best impression on everyone.
Indeed, you need to consider both style and comfort when you decide to wear work boots casually.
How to Style Work Boots Casually?
It’s pretty easy to style your outfit according to the type of work boot you want to wear in a casual setting.
Let me elaborate with examples!
Let’s say you have a nice comfortable pair of brown work boots that you choose because of their alluring design. What would look good with them?
Try a brown jacket to give off a matching feel to your outfit. If you wear overalls, pick out a beige one to complement the browns.
Remember, you don’t want to overdo the brown. Keep it subtle enough not to look too crazy, but also try to match the colors.
What if your work boots are black? Would you add some black elements to the rest of your outfit?
If you say yes, then you’re starting to get my point already!
For example, you can give black jackets a go with your black work boots. I’ll suggest wearing a long jacket to pull the outfit together.
Jeans! The most casual wear clothing of all time! Nothing can beat the look of jeans of any color with a pair of sassy work boots.
For example, brown work boots with blue jeans are the most classic look that you can get away with in any casual setting.
But why stop there?
There are countless ways to pick out the perfect jeans-work-boots combo. You have to play around with different colors and styles to find the best one that goes with your personal style.
Any color of work boots will look various levels of chic with any color of jeans. Just pick one at a time and keep changing things up till you find the perfect combo!
Extra Fashion Tip:
Wear different colored shoelaces with your work boots to create a contrast. Trust me; it will turn heads!
How To Wear And Style Work Boots
Work Boots to Wear Casually
You know now how to pair your work boots with different outfits. But you might still have a problem deciding which style to choose from all the limitless options.
Let me take the burden off your shoulders and list the best work boot designs that you have to try out!
- WOLVERINE Hellcat UltraSpring 8” CarbonMAX Insulated Boot: These work boots are not only fashionable and comfortable, but they’re also waterproof with durable rubber outsoles.
- ARIAT Groundbreaker Wide-Square Steel-Toe Work Boot: Lightweight work boots are becoming a necessity! Try these cowboy-style work boot that comes with cushioned insoles to please your feet with heavenly softness.
- DR. MARTENS Work Boots: Who doesn’t know about Dr. Martens boots? They are simply great at making fundamentally amazing boots, and this pair of work boots are no different. These steel-toe work boots have a moisture-wicking lining that has the ability to keep your feet dry while looking good!
- KEEN Utility XT Mid Soft Toe Waterproof Work Boot: If you want your work boots to not smell after a long day, this is the pair for you! This one even has a protection system built-in for electrical hazards.
- MERRELL Moab Vertex Mid Waterproof Comp Toe Work Boot: Another waterproof pair of work boots that have a very comfortable footbed as well as an EVA midsole made of rubber. I’m not going to lie; it’s a pretty cool design that goes with any outfit.
- DR. MARTENS 1460 Boot: I had to bring up another Dr. Martens boot because this one is a classic. You can’t go wrong with this one. Not just for casual settings, if you want to dress up a bit, you can definitely lean on this pair.
Can you wear work boots casually? Yes, you can wear work boots casually all day, every day, if you want to.
Just make sure you pick the right shoes, comfortable and fashionable, that go with the outfit you want to try out.